If you find a broken link in this list, please report it to the webmaster.
Most people struggle with maintaining a healthy weight at some point in their lives. But counting calories alone doesn't do much to help you reduce your weight and keep it off. In fact, our nutrition philosophy encourages an approach that focuses on what healthy foods and activities to focus on rather than foods to avoid.
The New Year is a time when many people examine their eating habits and try to make positive changes. Before going on a diet, read these articles for an understanding of why many New Year's resolutions to lose weight or eat better tend to fail.
Whether it's the New Year or you are simply motivated to make some changes, learn more about ways to set yourself up for success when making health and wellness goals. Making tiny, sustainable changes will lead to bigger lifestyle improvements to achieve a healthy eating pattern of balanced meals and moderate physical exercise for about 150 minutes per week.
Success with New Year Resolutions
The New Year is a great time to think about goals and changing habits to develop healthier habits. But do you know how to focus your plans so that you'll be successful? Our registered dietitian nutritionists share tips with you based on the latest research and information about goal setting and behavior change. Read on for ways to plan a healthy and successful New Year!
- Surefire Ways to Make Your Resolutions Stick
- This New Year's, Say 'Yes!'
- This New Year's, Think Tiny
- How's That New Year's Resolution Going?
- Seven Steps to Successful New Year's Resolutions (infographic)
Fogg BJ A behavior model for persuasive design. Persuasive 2009:40
Research has found that diets don't work. Introducing healthy habits – even small ones to start – is the best way to maintain a healthy weight or work toward sustained weight loss. Read more and be inspired to make positive changes and additions in food and exercise rather than try to limit and restrict yourself.
- How to Eat Mindfully: Diets Not Required
- Dieting Causes Weight Gain
- Eating Breakfast Helps Weight Loss
- Get More From Each Bite – find out what you should be adding to your diet
- Should I Put My Child on a Diet?
- Tips for Eating Healthy During the Holidays
- First Step: Create a Healthy Eating Plan
Healthy Eating Tools
If you are trying to maintain a healthy weight or lose weight, try these tools to see what
you are eating and where you might need to add healthy foods.